Sunday, November 30, 2008

Swaps


I participated in an ornament swap on my Yahoo group woolandrags. My partner was Norma. She sent me this lovely Angel ornament. Isn't this sweet. Her buttonhole stitch is flawless.


She makes these fabric postcards. I told her I was going to put a hanger on it and use it as an ornament also. It's really nice. I found my craft for after Christmas. I was reading up on these last night and they seem pretty straight forward in construction but the possibilities for creativity are endless.


This is the santa ornament I made for her. I had an absolute grand time making this ornament. I started with a 4 inch body from the craft store. Then I made all kinds of mistakes making the coat and pants. The beard,face and hat proved there own challenges. This actually is the second ornamnet.


Here are the pictures of the first Santa with all his mistakes. I loved the embroidery on the coat. I glued on his beard and all his fur. I tried to grubby him up some. I painted on my coffee vanilla cinnamon mixture and put him in the oven to bake. Can you see where this is going??? The glue softened an dI reached in to turn him. SQUISH and it stuck to my fingers. His face ran too. I forgot I drew it on with permanent (or not so permanent) marker. Although I did show it to a friend of mine and her first thought was that it really now looks like something you would find in the attic. I kept it around because it does have some charm even though it has my mistakes.


My misfit Santa.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here. We put up one tree today and DH got the lights on. Now we need to get the totes out of the attic and dive into decorating. We will go for another tree next weekend.
Tomorrow I will show you what's going on in my family room. I will tell you the story of the 29th year of a family tradition.

Rhonda

4 comments:

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Hi Rhonda!
Love your swap ornies!
You santa turned out darling! I love him! ;)

Have a wonderful Monday-girl!

hugs-Kath

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Your Santa turned out so cute - what a great swap!!

Unknown said...

Rhonda,

I love your Santa ornaments, they turned out great.

I also love the angel ornament:) Isn't this the most fun?

I can't wait to see your Hubby's pictures of the finished display.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Love those ornaments. YOu know, I find the most charm in handmades that have flaws. I know of a woman who is a quilt making and she always sewings a "mistake" into one quilt block to keep it human. I think Santa is Perfect!

Smiles,
Lea