Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Whatca Workin on Wednesday

My projects don'y get worked on anymore until evening. My oldest daughter is going away for the weekend to a youth retreat. The dance on Sat evening has a prehistoric theme. One of her friends mom made skirts for the three girls.Tonight I made 3 bones for their hair. I can't wait to see the pictures of the three of them together. Here are my bones.Tori's skirt is in the background.

I have been so inspired after looking at all the stitchery posted on the blogs I read. So here is mine. I need to frame and stain it next. The snowman doesn't show up too well. What color does everyone use for white??Any suggestions??Will it show up better once it is stained?

I have been a little under the weather so I haven't had time to do much but I hope to get some ornaments started. I have some trees cut out and all ready to stuff. I think I'll go to bed early so I'll close for now.
Rhonda

3 comments:

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Hi there - so glad you stopped by to see me. In looking at your blog - looks like you have been a busy lady. Such a cute idea to make those "bones" - that will be perfect. And I love the snowballs - I'd love to try that. And as for the ornaments you asked me about - the only thing I can think of for the reason they got sticky - might be - there were not baked long enough and the moisture came through the paint. Just guessing. And another reason - did you clear coat them afterwards? - if so, I have found some polyeurethanes get a lil' tacky. I hope I've been of some help and maybe you'll have better luck next time. Thanks again for stopping by - I so appreciate it. Many blessings to you.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Love your stitchery! I've been bit by the stitching bug lately too. Aren't they so fun?

The skirt & bones are very clever!

Smiles,
Lea

Juanita said...

Rhonda,
Thanks for stopping by and visiting me. Also thanks for the ideas! I really appreciate it.I have really enjoyed visiting your blog and I added you to my favs list. Thanks again and have a blessed day!
Juanita