Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Girl and her Mom

It is hard to believe I was away for a week before I got a chance to post. I worked over the weekend and that does me in for a few days. I work midnight to noon so when I am home I pretty much sleep the whole time. But I must post a picture of my youngest and tell her story.
Here she is with her 2 friends.
Because there are not enough good things said about others I just have to post this little story. My youngest daughter is painfully shy. She couldn't bring herself to ask her frinds if she could go trick or treating with them. She lamented for days because they already had plans and costumes and all they did was talk in front of her about them. All I could do was pray for the situation. Finally she worked up enough courage Wed at lunch. They said of course. She came home from school elated. Now I just needed to work everything out with their parents. The girls mom who made the skirts for the outfits said she had more fabric if I wanted so of course I said yes (anything for her to go and enjoy herself) So they would be 3 Minnie Mouses. Well on Thurs she showed up not to deliver the fabric but to deliver a finished skirt. How wonderful was that!! She was so sweet about it. She told me where they got the hands and ears and how to put the dots on the skirt. Well you can see how happy she was. She's the one on the left.
This was one of those times when being a mom was breaking my heart for her. All she wanted was for them to ask her. It was so hard to stand by and watch it all unfold but in the end it was all taken care of.( A special thanks to my prayer partner as well.)Why is watching our children hurt the worst thing for us?????????That mom has no idea how much a simple skirt meant to a girl and her mom.

Sandy at for the love of Prims is having a giveaway for her 100th post. Be sure and stop over to see her.

3 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I'm so glad your daughter got her wish to go with her friends, she's a very pretty girl:)

It's hard being a mom isn't it at times!
Rondell

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I am so glad it worked out for your daughter. They all look so cute together.

Even though our kids are adults on their own, I remember times when they struggled too. It is HARD!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

What a precious smile she has! And how blessed she is to have a praying mom.

Smiles,
Lea