Friday, October 17, 2008

Estate sale

I can't beleive my very favorite house ever had an estate sale today. It started at 9AM. I couldn't go until 11:30 after my half day at work. This work thing can really cramp my style sometimes. I wanted to see the inside more than anything. It was just as I expected. Early Civil war era. All bubble glass (original) windows aome updates but the kitchen was in the basement. Yep that's how they built them. There are fireplaces in every room. I asked what they were going to do with the house and they are working with the historical society to come up with a plan to refurbish and display. This place was incredible. It was more than I expected. I called DH from inside the house and said "guess which house is having an estate sale". It's funny because we BOTH like this house. Generally it's only one or the other of us but this one is both of us. I know we could never afford it and wouldn't be able to put the money into it that it needs. But it was nice to dream for awhile. I'm posting the pictures of the things I bought. Any suggestions for the bowls would be appreciated.


The chairs just needed washed up a bit. I love the basket. It is a nice shape. The pewter sugar bowl and creamer will look great on my new shelf. Don't pay too much attention to the suff in the background. I carried them into the garage to clean them and get before and after pictures. Wish I could afford that house...............Only dreaming.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I love the stone house! Looks like you found some great treasures!