Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I am a Lucky Girl

Saying a big huge thank you to my Secret Sister.


I have been participating in a monthly swap over at Char's The Pickled Pepper Patch.


My SS is the best. She knows just what I like.


My magazine has already been read cover to cover. I love the dish towel. It is so bright and colorful.





But definitely the piece de la resistance is my crow in a watermelon slice.



I love handmade.





Thanks again SS.

I made some pinwheels to use for centerpieces at a friends shower.



She is going with a Mexican Fiesta theme (so NOT me). They turned out nice though.




But I couldn't stop there. I made some for my SS and some for myself.



Ours were red white and blue for the holiday though.




I put them in a blue jar with a very old lid that has a hole already in the lid.





I received some special gifts for making the pinwheels and banner for the shower.



The bride's mom -my friend Patti- gave me a old jug that fits perfectly in my home.




Isn't it wonderful!!!

My good friend Beth actually got me drafted into the job of the pinwheels so she gave me a token of her appreciation...........




Can you believe it??



I can't.



It's so perfect.




Can you believe she bought it at a yard sale??



When she showed it to me she was so excited to have gotten a good deal then days later turned around and gave it to me.



What a special feeling that is.



Friends are the best!!!!



What a lucky girl I am. First my SS then my friends. They all picked such perfect fitting gifts for me.


Oh and like my new header picture?? It's A flower from my garden . I want to eventually raise bees so it when I saw all the bees on my flowers I couldn't grab my camera fast enogh to capture them.


Have a good Wednesday. It's hump day.
Rhonda

1 comment:

Lynn said...

OMG!!, you are such a lucky girl. I love all of your sweet gifts! I am new to the primitive blog world. I am so excited to read about all the lovely homes and find out about all the people who love the primitive decorating style as much as I do. I often complain to my husband that I wished they would put a primitive style decorating show on TV!!! I also collect Americana, and anything that is red, white, or blue. I have always loved Americana but when my only son joined the Army in 2006 and was sent to Afghanistan for 18 months in 2007-2008, the flag and her colors meant so much more to me!!! I am begining to learn to craft some of the primitive items that I love. I was hoping that you would be kind enough to share the directions to making the primitive pinwheels.
I have signed up to become a follower of your blog. Thank you so much for your kindness in sharing your love of primitives and your home with the blog readers.
prim hugs,
Lynn from Conover, NC