Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The mailman cometh

I was so excited yesterday when I got home. This was in my mailbox


And this is who it was from.



I placed an order on Friday morning and I got it yesterday.
What great service!!!
This is what was inside........2 yards of luscious soft wool and 6 new colors to try. Thanks for the suggestions Cathy.



I was so excited to get these.
Friday is my day off so I will be bringing out the dye pots. Most of the fun is in the experimenting.

I just never know what I'll come up with.

Some wool I already have I will over dye with new colors. Others I will try from scratch.

I must remember to write down my recipes this time.

Yes recipes with measurements of amounts used. So in case I need more for a project later on I can reproduce it. (Nothing worse than starting a project and running out of a color. )

Thinking new penny rugs.

Copenhagen blue, doesn't that sound rich... Olive green for a background penny..... Buttercup yellow toned down with some black or tan for mustard.....

the projects are swirling .

I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it.

What a way to get those creative juices flowing. Just the winter break I needed.

Enjoy your day.
Blessings,
Rhonda

1 comment:

tarrah said...

Hi Rhonda....thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I too, would someday like to try some wool dyeing, but I have no time right now to do it. I am very anxious to see how your colors turn out....that is very exciting! Have fun on Friday! :)
Tarrah