Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wool

I've had so much fun the last few days.


I have been trying my hand at dyeing some wool.


I tried some new wool and Cushings dye.


And the results were.........

Buttercup Yellow in 3 shades ..........



Copenhagen Blue



And Bronze Green




Not done yet.
I tried Kool Aid dyeing.


And you thought Kool Aid was just for drinking.


Look at these colors. What fun this was and it only took about 10 min each color.



now I'm not sure how long the color stays. It says not to put them in direct sunlight. I was thinking Easter eggs and spring flowers as I was looking at them.
They are not the colors I normally work in for my Penny Rugs but they are cute and I loved the technique and learning something new.

This is the project my SIL and I are working on.



It ran in Quiltmaker Magazine starting in Jan 2005 for 6 issues.

It is all in wool.

My SIL is recovering from Bypass surgery so she's looking for something to work on when she feels up to it.
Not sure these colors go for this project either but we'll see.

Happy St Patty's Day.

I'm off to get my corned beef in the oven and frost my cake.

Rhonda

3 comments:

TeresaM said...

WOW!!! Those KoolAide colors are so nice too!!! I've heard you could do that but never tried it!!! Love the project you are working on!!!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Now that is fascinating - dying wool with Koolaid!

But that quilt - pure eye candy!!

tarrah said...

Hi Rhonda...I couldn't find an email address so I thought I would post quick and then you can email me back if you wish....
My address is 652 South Center Street, Gratz...zip is 17030. My email is miller5@epix.net
I would love to see you if you do make it in my way!
BTW, I LOVE your colors of wool...I really want to try dyeing wool sometime...you inspired me! :)