Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Whatca Working on Wednesday and Where's Waldo

I finished my "make do" Flannel quilt. I made a significant dent in my flannel stash. I wanted to just do something fun with it and not worry too much about color placement. I achieved my goal. It is random all right. The size of the squares vary throughout the quilt but it came together nicely since I used a basic 2" start. Everything had to be in increments of 2. It sure is warm and everyone enjoys using it in this weather.(If they can get it away from me that is.)Eventually I think Tori will claim it. DH and daughter #2 already have a flannel...of course DD#2 says hers is getting too small.


Some time ago I started a quilt I absolutely loved when I saw the pattern. It's from the Nickel Quilts book by Pat Speth and Charlene Thode.
When I saw this coverI knew I had to make it in Civil War Repro fabric. Everything in the book is made from 5" squares. But I wanted it really scrappy. I didn't want to go buy all that fabric for a couple of 5" squares so I went looking and found a Nickel Quilt group. First I exchanged a couple times for finished blocks then a couple of times for just squares. I found this too time consuming for me though. So I resorted to buying a little at a time and since I love this fabric anyway I know I will use it in other projects. SHHHHH I even have more projects picked already. DH doesn't understand this type of thinking.

Here's the 67 blocks I have completed already. I ONLY have 100 more to go for a queen size. I will probably make it bigger though since it's for our bed and I want it to be a generous size.

I always lay the quilt out and watch it through the day for different patterns I might see. It also helps to take a picture of it or look at it through the camera lens or a peep hole for a door to get a perceptive look at the pattern.
So here's the Where's Waldo .........I laid this out to photograph it and found a mistake in the piecing of one of the blocks when I saved the picture for posting. Can you find the block????????


I need to get a few things done around here before I go to work. Be sure and check out other Wednesday projects at Leslie's.

Blessings,
Rhonda

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Love the quilt! It's coming along so nicely!

I love quilts and I often think I would love to make many of them but the very idea of picking out and buying all of that fabric tends to send me running....but I want it all done like yesterday. lol So I get what you're saying :)

Have a great day!

Leslie

Kimberly said...

Love it but can't spot the oops! Must be a tiny one...

Have a great rest of the week... tomorrow's Friday... we're in the home stretch!