Thursday, May 7, 2009

Vintage Thingy Thursday


I have lots of treasures here in my home. I thought it would be fun to share. I found Suzanne over at The Colorado Lady who hosts a vintage day on Thursdays. It's fun to see what everyone collects.

Before I was married and had my own apartment I was just getting into antiques. I went for more Victorian antiques then. I started a collection of hat pins to go on my Eastlake Dresser with it's candle stands. Here are a few of my pins. It's crazy to think they kept hats on with these. But they are all unique and pretty.





I just love the holder for the hat pins. It's so dainty with the little rose bud on the front. I can just picture it on a lady's dresser.




Of course once I was married my DH wanted no parts of all the frills of Victorian so I moved on to country. Now I prefer as Primitive as I can get the rest of my family to cooperate with. It is funny to me how my tastes have evolved over the years of collecting.


Be sure and visit Suzanne and see all the others with Vintage Treasures to share.

Thanks for visiting
Rhonda

14 comments:

Coloradolady said...

I love your hat pins and pin holder, you are right, very dainty and girly, but oh so pretty.

I agree, as we age, our taste does change in decor and likings.

Have a great VTT.

Sarah said...

I always thought hatpins were so pretty and the holders even more so...but I have found that I can not collect everything! Your collection is lovely!

bj said...

I, too, think these are so pretty. thanks for sharing.

Donna said...

love that hat pin holder...neat pins too

Marie Reed said...

I enlarged the pictures so that I could take an even closer look at the pin heads! Beautiful! I can't imagine sticking this through a hat and hair! Fascinating:)

annies home said...

your hat pins are very pretty

Stephanie said...

Ohhhhh I love hat pins! I did my collection several VTTs ago! Yours are great! Must find more.....hehe :)

Susan said...

I started out Victorian and went to country/prims but my heart settled on early American/Colonial. I know that Victorian was never a favorite with my man either.

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh my - - - this is the MOST lovely collection of hat pins I've EVER seen. Neither have I ever seen a hat pin holder, and certainly not one as lovely as that one!!! You are fortunate indeed to be the proud owner of those things!!!!

Oh - - - but I DO remember hat pins, not that I ever used one you understand! ;-)

Unknown said...

Those hatpins are great! I was big into Victoriana, then country, now I am more casual/retro 40s.

LV said...

You had very interesting post on hat pins. Have not seen those in long time. Enjoyed your post,

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Those are so neat!

I hope you have a wonderful Mother's day, Rhonda!
Are ya still heading to TX?
The kids are in Troy...near Temple...about 45 mins from Waco.(south)
What part are you visitng?
I am STILL waitin on little Ava :) I have discovered I have NO patience!!! LOL!!

hugs-Kath

Jill said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement on the new job. I sure hope it gets easier SOON. I love old hat pins, I have them all over the workshop stuck in little pincushions.
Blessings,
Jill

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hi Rhonda,
Wow, love the hatpins very pretty!
Hope you had a great Mothers Day!
Rondell