Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Whatca Workin on Wednesday and Shopping

I kept seeing all these carrots popping up on blogs and for sale but I could ever get my order in fast enough. They were all sold out. So I decided to do the next best thing. I tried making my own. Make do style of course. I took what ever orange fabric in my stash and sewed it together with greens for the tops. Next I stuffed and closed them. Lastly I grungied them all up. I do love them even if I do say so myself.
They look a little washed out in the lighting from the camera.

Now I just need to finish up some more to fill my bowl. These are more accurate colors.
Next I'm going to try a chocolate bunny to sit in the bowl in "carrot heaven". I also got some orange wool to try making carrots out of. We'll see what happens with that.

Last Wednesday I went shopping with a friend of mine from work.--- Hi Lisa----. She took me to all her favorite haunts. I was in sensory overload. I'll need to go back just to see what all I missed. Here are a few of my purchases.

At the first antique store I bought this firkin. It is a wonderful warm old yellow.

I purchased the glass jar to hold my wooden spools with the thread on them. I think they fit perfectly.

Another store had the candle holder. I have wanted a hog scraper candlestick for a long time but was afraid to buy one off the internet till I saw one up close. I love this one. The candle is one I made.

Last but not least I found these 2 fly screens and thought I could make them into the ones Char had on her blog. I'm having trouble getting the vine and flowers off though. They might just go into the summer cooking things and I'll try something else.


I bought this cupboard at the Country Store that I visited with Rondell. It was in the 50% off room. Well my DH finally got it up on the wall so I could get a picture of it. Now it just needs accessorized. But he wants me to wait as it is really heavy and he wants to get a different screw for in the wall so it doesn't fall. I think I'll wait so I don't loose anything that might be in or on it. I think I'll take his word for it.

Be sure and stop over at Leslie's to see what others are working on today.

Rhonda

5 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh lots of good stuff there - love the firkin!!

Neabear said...

You did a great job on the carrots. Not bad girl! Your choices of fabrics are really neat too for them. Have good week.

Leslie said...

Rhonda,
Good job on those carrots! I really live by the motto that I don't buy anything that I can make myself. It's worth it to at least try :)

Great finds, too!

Have a great day!

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Very neat job on those carrots.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I can't believe I haven't come across your great blog yet! You have a lovely home and great prim goodies!