Monday, September 26, 2011

Quilting retreat

I sure am a lucky girl. I get to attend a quilting retreat in September,October and November this year. The following are pictures from the September one. One of my friends said she was going for a walk "where the sound of music was filmed". It was such an appropriate description of of the hills surrounding the area.

i was wandering the grounds and playing with my camera. Hope you enjoy them.




The pinwheel quilt is from my summer challenge. We do a block a day from May until August. I love the challenge because I get a whole top done in 3 months. But I must admit I don't do one every day I do a bunch a couple days. Of course I do more than the total that the one a day would be too. I love to piece big quilts but HATE to make backs for them. Something I'll have to work on. The story for this one is that I wanted to use up the 30"s feedsack repos I had . There is a pinwheel of every print I have. 101 to be exact. The remaining 2 leftover from the front are pieced in the back. I will write on one of them for the label.

Some finished projects from my friends.



This is this gals first quilt top. made from her grandmas fabrics for her granddaughter. Super duper special!!!!!





And quilting friends ..........helping with pictures.


Blessings,
Rhonda

No comments: